I'm severely disappointed in Unity
Let's count the ways:
- Maximizing windows when moving them might be neat, but why not get rid of the button then and use the screen real estate for something useful?
- Apple wrote the book on usability, but they screwed up when they skipped their own advice and put the minimize, maximize and close buttons right next to each other. That's fine if closing an app doesn't actually close the program, but in GNOME it makes absolutely no sense.
- I just added my Minecraft shortcut to the side bar thingie, but some minutes later something went belly-up and not even a Java process was started when clicking on it. After a restart the shortcut was gone from the side bar.
- Keyboard layouts have driven me crazy the last couple days. I can't type "programmer quotes" (actually, single and double tick) without, for some reason, clicking the compose key once. After that it continues working, and it didn't seem to realize that I had pressed the compose key at all.
- Where did my freaking weather reports go? Did nobody else use that? There's not even an option for it anymore.
- Mystery meat navigation was never fun - Why would a sane person want to hide the main menu of each application?
- Grouping applications by function was one of the best things about leaving Windows for Ubuntu 8.04.
Fortunately Ubuntu Classic is still available in the login menu. Yay for real backward compatibility!
No webmentions were found.